Objective: to describe first-time fathers experiences of their prenatal preparation in relation to challenges met in the early parenthood period.
- Fathers lacked active guidance from professionals to access reliable information.
- Fathers want to find prenatal strategies to deal with the life-change a infant brings.
- Focus on fathers’ relation with their infant may enhance their parental preparation.
- An important concern is lack of acknowledgement of fathers as equal parents.
- Multiple pedagogical approaches to parental preparation should be applied.